Have a passion for environmental and social sustainability? Interested in what UT grad students are working on? Wondering how to take your sustainability values with you after you graduate?
Join us for a remix of Sustainability on Tap (Careers Edition!) on Thursday, April 15th from 5-6:30pm. In partnership with Texas Career Engagement, you’ll not only hear from grad students as they showcase their sustainability or environmental research, project, or passion, but you’ll also hear from UT advanced-degree alumni as they share their career journeys in sustainability. All talks will still be fun, fast-paced, and just 3 minutes long, and there WILL be cowbell! After the presentations, you’ll have a chance to network with the alumni, ask questions, and learn more about their work, past and present.
From the comfort of your own sofa, feel free to enjoy a snack and beverage during the event! We encourage you to order food and drink from your favorite local vendor, and don't forget about longtime Sustainability on Tap supporter Black Star Co-op!
This event is part of Earth Month and is co-hosted by the Office of Sustainability and Texas Career Engagement.
Students: RSVP here.
Faculty/Staff/Community Members: RSVP here.
5:00-6:00pm – Research/Project Showcase (all are welcome)
6:00-6:30pm – Alumni Networking (graduate students only please)
Advanced Degree Alumni:
- Sarang Murthy (Client Strategy, NativeEnergy | MA Economics)
- Jennifer Tribble (Policy Analyst at Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation | PhD Neuroscience)
- Nikhil Advani (Director - Climate, Communities and Wildlife - World Wildlife Fund | PhD Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior)
- Andrew Johnston (Associate Director, Guidehouse | MS Urban planning)
- Ciara Segura (Director of Programs and Policy, Mandela Partners | MA Geography)
- Margaret Cook (Research Associate, Energy-Water-Climate Nexus, Houston Advanced Research Center | MS Env Eng, MPA, PhD Civil Engineering)